Sunday, October 5, 2014

5 Basic Beauty Tips

Hello, all!
IT IS OFFICIALLY OCTOBER DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW EXCITING THAT IS?!

I haven't done a beauty post in a while, so here are some simple rules that I think everyone should follow:

That's my handwriting! I know, it's almost too exciting.

1. Never pop your pimples.
This one seems pretty self-explanatory, but I admit that I'm guilty for it pretty much every week! I hate seeing acne, and I sometimes can't help but pick at my blemishes. But it's a bad habit to have, since popping zits only irritates the skin more and increases the amount of time it takes for them to heal. This is a reminder to you and me both to stop popping pimples!

2. Wear facial moisturizer with at least 15 SPF everyday.
Even on cold or overcast days, the sun always strikes your skin when you're outside. That's why we have to protect it with sunscreen! Many moisturizers (and even foundations and powders) have SPF, but you should still check to make sure. I would even take this one step further and say that you should wear sunscreen on your body everyday, but perhaps I'm just a tad overzealous when it comes to skincare.

3. Always take off your makeup at the end of the day.
I'm guilty of breaking this rule too, but it's so important! Before you go to bed, even if you're too lazy to wash your face, at least take off your makeup. You don't want to go to sleep with all that dirt and excess oil on your face. Not taking off your makeup irritates your pores and makes it more likely for you to get pimples.

4. Exfoliate your skin once a week.
Exfoliation is great for your face; by removing your dead skin cells, you're allowing your skin to repair more quickly, leaving silky-smooth skin. You can purchase facial scrubs and exfoliants at beauty stores, but I always use the DIY method of mixing olive oil and sugar! Massage your skin with a scrub for about a minute, rinse, and apply your regular skin regimen. Exfoliating just once can do wonders for your face.

5. Don't wash your hair everyday.
Many people already know how important this is, but for those of you who are unaware, washing your hair strips it of its natural oils. You need a moderate amount in your scalp to keep your hair soft and smooth. Most hairstylists suggest you should wash at most every other day. You can always substitute a dry shampoo for the days you skip washing your hair; I typically put my hair up or curl it when it's dirty. Still not convinced? Not washing your hair everyday saves the planet! By saving the water you would've used washing your hair, you're saving about two gallons of water. In short, dirty hair saves the world!








No comments:

Post a Comment