Saturday, September 6, 2014

A Day at Downtown

Happy September, everyone!

I spent a day in Downtown Los Angeles with one of my dear childhood friends. Let me give you a tour of my city!

The first spot we visited was Grand Central Market (upper photo), which showcases great local eateries. Along the street on the way to GMC was a sign that said "Decide what to be and go be it," which is a saying by which I live my life! 


The middle bottom photo is from one of the glass elevators at the Bonaventure Hotel, which showcases a lovely view of the city from the 32nd floor.

The two corner photos on the right are from Grand Park, which has a rather--wait for it--Grand fountain. Usually the floor around the fountain is open for people to wade in; unfortunately, it was closed when we got there, and we were forced to take a selfie with boring, dry floor in the background.


My favorite place in downtown is definitely The Last Bookstore! It's the last independent book store in the United States, and I love it so much. They have a whole floor dedicated to books on sale for $1, and they also sell local art!


Last but not least, we visited the Los Angeles Public Library Central Branch, which has such gorgeous architecture; the photo doesn't do it justice. The left photo was taken on a bridge leading to the library, taken only to feature the sculpture in the background.

Here's my outfit from that day:



Hat: Vintage
Dress: Nordstrom
Belt: Bettie Page
Bag: Vintage


Have you ever visited Downtown LA? If there are local spots that I need to visit, please let me know in the comments!





No comments:

Post a Comment